Join us next October 3rd and discover all the details of the III edition of the ASSETs+ European Defence Challenge!
The Launch Event will take place next October 3rd, 11:00-12:15 CET, on YouTube Live Streaming.
The main goal of the launch event is to present how important the European Defence Challenge is for continuous improvement of the European safety, for students and for industry. Representatives of the European Commission, defence experts, universities and industry will emphasize the importance of developing and applying new technologies to identify threats to security and implement defence strategies.
The ASSETs+ European Defence Challenge (EDC) is an open competition to attract young talent to the Defence industry and to encourage them to initiate a career in defence-related technologies.
The organizer of this edition is Rzeszow University of Technology and the TOPIC is: “Security – threats identification and defence strategies”. Threats in the areas of: defence industry, intellectual property theft, military equipment, auxiliary equipment, information flow, data protection, military operations, border surveillance and others, in the context of security and cybersecurity.
• Jarosław Sep, Vice-Rector for Development and Business Cooperation First Deputy Rector, Rzeszów University of Technology
|11:05||Introducing the challenge and timeline
• Dorota Stadnicka, Rzeszów University of Technology ‐ EDC III organizer
|11:15||Importance of European security for stable future
• Robert Łukawski, University Security and Safety Research Center, Warsaw University of Technology
|11:25||Status of the employment in Defence Sector
• Sónia de Melo Xavier, Policy Officer DG Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion, Skills Agenda – Pact for Skills team, EC
|11:35||Importance of the Challenge for European security and benefits for participating students
•Maurizio Ferrante, Head of Training and Knowledge Management,Leonardo S.p.A.
|11:45||Security: Naval Threats identification and defence strategies – hints about the topic
• José Espinal, Director of Technology programmes, Navantia
|11:55||Experience exchange and motivations.
•Nathan Prakopetz, Andreas Wouters, Royal Military Academy of Belgium, EDC II ed. winners
• Gualtiero Fantoni, University of Pisa, ASSETs+ Coordinator