Pact for Skills
ASSETs+ and the top leaders of European Defence Industry in close cooperation with Universities and VET organisations have confirmed their full engagement to the European Pact for Skills for Defence, highlighting the crucial need to collectively address unprecedented challenges due to the COVID-19 crisis.
The pathways to the recovery are forcing businesses to adapt the skills of the workforce to cope with a fast changing labour market. On the other hand, new technologies are also transforming the way people work and acquire new skills.
To foster skills acquisition in this context and to keep the workforce updated for the entire working life, ASSETs+ is working within the Pact for Skills to develop demand-led upskilling and reskilling training programmes on the cutting edge technologies of Robotics/Autonomous Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity and C4ISTAR*.
[*] C4ISTAR is an acronym for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Information/Intelligence, Surveillance, Targeting Acquisition and Reconnaissance
During 2021, the ASSETs+ project has contributed as a member of the Pact to the events:
- Aerospace & Defence Pact for Skills Workshop (February 4)
- Pact for Skills for Blueprint projects Webinar (February 18)
- Pact for skills to SME in the Aerospace and Defence Industry in Tuscany Webinar (April 22)
- Pact for Skills Aerospace & Defence Virtual Forum (May 25)
- Skills for Industry Conference (June 29)
- Future Skills for Europe’s Aerospace and Defence Industry Conference (Oct 21)