Alliance for Strategic Skills addressing Emerging Technologies in Defence
ASSETs+ aims to build a sustainable human resources supply chain for the European Defence Industry, that boosts innovation by both attracting highly-skilled young workers and upskilling its employees. Complementary education & training programmes are addressing the following main technologies: Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, C4ISTAR* and Cybersecurity.
[*] C4ISTAR is an acronym for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Information/Intelligence, Surveillance, Targeting Acquisition and Reconnaissance
ASSETs+ has a blended, iterative approach, combining data-driven analysis and human expertise:
1. Big data analysis of technical and scientific documents on skills for emerging technologies in Defence, used to design education & training programmes.
2. Holistic and future-oriented brainstorming sessions, harnessing the expertise of our partners.
3. Validation by industrial experts to stay aligned with the needs of the sector.
4. Annual iteration to monitor skills and spot the emerging ones.
1. Education and Trainig: prototype programmes to ensure the development of Human Resources for Defence.
2. Defence technology roadmap: map of key enabling technologies and Defence-related applications.
3. Skills blueprint: classification of skills and job profiles for Defence technologies.
4. Body of Knowledge: ontology of technologies, skills, knowledge, and jobs for Defence.
5. Strategy for developing HR in the Defence Sector: action plan on skills to improve EU Defence capabilities.
6. Education and training design: pedagogical and technical design framework for courses on Defence technologies.