The conference is co-organised by the European Commission and EDSP members Rzeszow University of Technology -partner of the ASSETs+ project- and Aviation Valley, on 21-22 October 2021 in Rzeszow, Poland.
Building on the work of previous and existing initiatives to tackle skills gaps in the defence sector – from the EDSP to Assets+ and the Aerospace & Defence Pact for Skills – the event will explore, from a knowledge triangle perspective, challenges and opportunities for cross-border collaboration for skills providers, European policies supporting skills development, and industry future needs.
There will be an opportunity for business-to-business (B2B) meetings, and for visiting technical labs.
- Industrial needs in aerospace and defence sector
- Technical and soft skills of today and the future
- New skills driven by emerging technologies
- European policies supporting the skills development with concrete examples
- European instruments supporting development of educational materials to apply in skills development
The event is organised in the framework of the European Network of Defence-related Regions.
ASSETs+ will also present the second edition of the European Defence Challenge, a competition to attract young talent to the Defence industry and to encourage them to initiate a career in defence-related technologies, a day before the Conference. The launch event will take place next October 20, 16:00-17:00 CEST, where representatives of ASSETs+ project will discuss the challenges of building skills for the defence sector, including attracting new workforce. More information here.