Financing entity: European Commission
Programme: European Defence Fund
Type of action: EDF-RA EDF Research Actions
Call: Call for EDF research actions implemented via actual cost grants (EDF-2023-RA)
Objectives of the call:
– This topic aims at consolidating a fully sovereign common supply chain of some critical technology building blocks for the next generation of high performance infrared detectors for defence applications in all battlespace dimensions.
– The proposals must address IR detector technologies based on Type-II Superlattice (T2SL) materials.
– The proposals should also address advanced silicon ROIC technology with the objective to develop a common post-processing of future ROICs to prepare them for bumping and bumping technology.
– The proposals must aim to improve the fundamental knowledge of cryocoolers and find innovative solutions in order to improve the performances of European cryocoolers solutions for IR sensors.
Who can apply?
In order to be eligible, the applicants (beneficiaries and affiliated entities) must:
– be legal entities (public or private bodies),
– be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e.: EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories), non-EU countries: listed EEA countries,
– have their executive management structure established in eligible countries,
– must not be subject to control by a non-associated third country or nonassociated third-country entity.
How to apply?
Electronically via the Founding & Tenders Portal Electronic Submission System
Deadline: 22 November 2023
Call budget: EUR 157 000 000