In this digitized day and age, many businesses rely heavily on their digital assets. Loss of such information, temporary or permanent, could prove catastrophic to business continuity and event severity depends heavily on employee “awareness”.
The purpose of this course is to provide participants with an introduction to key cybersecurity concepts, use this knowledge in analyzing and discussing publicized compromises and learn how to perform a basic threat analysis of valuable assets in order to mitigate the consequences of such events.
This course is divided into 6 parts:
– Instructor and course introductions.
– Concept introductions.
– Practical exercises.
– Group discussions.
– Final exam.
In which the following key-concepts will take center stage:
– Asset identification, prioritization, and protection.
– Threat agents and vectors.
– Common vulnerability exploits (CVE).
– Case studies of well-known compromises.
– Threat analysis and compromise mitigation.
– Cybersecurity frameworks.
– Inspiration for further studying.